Content marketing isn’t just about writing an article and calling it a day. It’s about sharing, interacting, engagement and really doing everything you possibly can to promote your content. Why do videos help conversions? When visiting a blog article when a video is embedded, there is usually a still image that shows. If that image is of a person, then it makes the article more personal and usually drives a reader to view the video. The personal touch helps to drive more clicks.
Not to mention with 4 billion videos viewed on YouTube every day, it’s obvious that videos are one of the best content marketing tools available.
Below is a video explaining how you can use video content to convert affiliate sales.
To recap, here are the steps to better content marketing with video.
1. Create your video
- Use an iPhone, Android, webcam, video camera
- Use free or paid video or screen casting software
- Why do you like and use the product?
- How can it help the viewer?
2. Upload your video
- Upload it to YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook or anywhere that lets people comment, share and embed
- Include a description of the affiliate product and a blurb on why it’s important to viewer
- Include a link to the article that you’re writing about the product (not the affiliate link!)
3. Write your article
- Your article should include fresh, original content
- If you cannot come up with new content, transcribe your video. Do it yourself or use a transcription service
4. Promote your article and video
- Share your article on social channels
- Share your video (not the article) on social channels that favor video content – like Digg, StumbleUpon and Pinterest
- Email your target audience with a personal email explaining how you think the product can help them and that you just recorded a great video about it. Include a link to your article
- Host a Google Plus Hangout around the video and talk about the product (not the video!)
There you have it, four steps to better affiliate sale conversions.
Now I want to hear from you. Record a video of an affiliate product that you are marketing through your website. Write an article about the product and include the video in the article. When finished, come back here and comment with a link to your article. I want to see what you’ve done and if you made me want to click.